Meet Christopher Lara

Hi,
My name is Christopher Lara, and I’m a trailblazer for my demographic in Southwest Detroit. I’m one of nine including my mom and dad, and I like to brag that I’m the only one born in the legal city limits of Detroit. I graduated valedictorian of Detroit Cristo Rey High School and am now in my second year of Loyola University Chicago as a nursing major. Some hobbies I enjoy are playing soccer, coloring huge posters, and gardening. I first got involved in gardening after becoming a volunteer for a community park started by the Ideal Group back in 2011. After volunteering week after week, I was able to become an employee and maintain these gardens with the help of different community groups. Now I have the pleasure of making sure there are tasks ready to be done, volunteers ready to work, and ideas ready to be implemented into the gardens Ideal owns. These types of jobs have really helped me grow as a person and will help me communicate and work efficiently with my future patients as a nurse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Jose Sandoval

Meet Marco Marquez